Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Marriage Tip Tuesday


     Whew! I barely made it for this post considering it is 10:37 pm. Today was my first day on Spring Break so my whole day was dedicated to deep cleaning our house. Anyways, as for today's marriage post, I was inspired by Crystal from Women Living Well to come up with a list of things that I admire about my husband. I would encourage you to do the same as I think it serves as a good reminder of just how much our spouses mean to us. So here it goes....

1.) My husband loves Jesus and is a great witness for Him. Jeff is the type of guy to stand up for what he believes in, even if it means standing alone. I know that he has been saved by the redeeming grace of God and that gives me so much peace as his wife.

2.) I admire my husbands strength; physically and mentally. He is so resilient and quickly bounces back when dealing with negative circumstances. He is also physically strong. For years Jeff has done physical labor and his endurance is nothing short of amazing. (My brother jokes that he is the Man of Men because he once had dental work done with no numbing. HaHa!)

3.) I love to hear my husband sing. He really has a great voice (although he wouldn't admit it), and I just love to hear him sing during worship at church. There is no sweeter sound to me than the sound of my husband praising the Lord.

4.) Jeff is funny. He makes me laugh all the time and we have so much fun together. Do you remember that friend you had in high school who you had a blast with and would laugh so hard you would cry? Well, Jeff is that friend to me.

5.) I admire Jeff's patience. He is so much more patient with me than I deserve and I am so thankful for that. He knows me better than I know myself and can read me like a book. I definitely cannot hide anything from him, because he always knows when something is bothering me. If I need to sit down and talk, he will sit with me. If I need to cry, he will listen to my heart and let me cry. If I am having a great day and want to talk about it, he will listen to that too.

6.) I admire Jeff's ability to lead. I am not going to say that there have not been times when I have been a little unsure about his plans, but I can say there is freedom in simply trusting his leadership and knowing that while he is leading me, God is the one leading him.

7.) I admire Jeff's love. He loves me in a way that I know I don't deserve and I am truly humbled. It is an unconditional love that is not based on my actions, (thank goodness:) but rather the same kind of agape love that God has for us. I have often said that I can see God's loving and tender heart through the way Jeff loves me.

     I could go on, but honestly it would take me an eternity to try to come up with the words to express my love and gratitude for Jeff...and it's almost midnight. As I said before, I highly encourage you to come up with a list of your own and share it with your husband. I know he would really appreciate it, and I fully intend to share my list with Jeff tomorrow...when he's awake ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment