Tuesday, December 18, 2012

I can't find the Words...

I have been going over in my head what I could say about the terrible events that unfolded in Connecticut on Friday, but, the truth is, I don't know what to say. What happened was brutal, and I am still having a hard time wrapping my head around it. In all honesty I don't want to believe what happened, or even begin to believe that someone would be capable to commit such a horrendous crime. I read this article by Bob Russell today and wanted to share it with you. He has a way of putting things into a Christian perspective and I was very touched by his words. I couldn't agree with him more when he said, "I am convinced we are in the final stages of history and are witnessing the unraveling of a society that has rejected God. The increase of violence and mass shootings is just one of a number of signals that the Lord’s return is eminent. Just as salmon instinctively swim upstream, God’s people should be looking up, sensing their redemption is drawing near." Please continue to pray for the families of the victims that they may be comforted and be given a peace that only God himself can give.

No comments:

Post a Comment