Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Tasty Tuesday

So, if you're anything like me, you love a good pasta every now and then, right? Well, honestly, I could probably eat pasta everyday, but that wouldn't be the healthiest choice in the world, would it? Anyways, I was so glad when I came across this recipe, and I would like to think that it is somewhat healthy, considering the whole-wheat pasta and spinach. Jeff and I really enjoyed this dish, and hopefully you will, too :)


                                                                   Pesto Chicken


Ingredients:

2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into strips

2 cups fresh spinach leaves
1 (4.5 ounce) package dry Alfredo sauce mix

2 tablespoons Pesto

1 (8 ounce) package Penne pasta (I used whole wheat)
1 tablespoon grated Romano cheese (I just used an Italian blend)


Directions:
1.) Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic, saute for 1 minute; then add chicken and cook for 7 to 8 minutes on each side. When chicken is close to being cooked through, add spinach and saute all together for 3 to 4 minutes.

2.) Meanwhile, prepare Alfredo sauce according to package directions. When finished, stir in 2 tablespoons pesto; set aside.

3.) Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water.

4.) Add chicken/spinach mixture to pasta, then stir in pesto/Alfredo sauce. Mix well, top with cheese and serve.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment