Wednesday, November 9, 2011

What I'm Loving Wednesday

    
     Hello Friends! Since I haven't done this segment in a few weeks, I thought I would share some of the things I've been loving lately.

1.) Thai Food. So, Jeff and I had not been out to eat Thai food for a long time. (I can honestly say that it was Sept. 30 because it was the night Courageous came out. For me, that's a long time to go without Thai food:) Anyways, after work I called Jeff and asked him if we get some takeout and he agreed that would fine. I got my favorite dish called Pad See Ew. It's a combination of rice noodles, chicken, broccoli, sweet black bean sauce, and lots and lots of spices. It was such a nice treat and tasted even better considering this chilly night we are having.

2.) I am loving this time of year. I am really excited that Thanksgiving is just right around the corner, and  love everything about Thanksgiving day. I wake up early to bake whatever I am taking to my Aunt's house (usually pumpkin crisp), watch the Macy's parade, and then we're off to my Aunt's house to spend the day with our family. The richness of the quality time we spend together is priceless. Not to mention the food. Oh the food is just simply splendid! I am convinced that my Aunt Rosie is the best turkey baker in the country, and the gravy she makes...don't even get me started. She has also started the tradition of making a huge pot of wassail each year, which besides coffee, is my favorite winter drink. 


3.) Today (along with everyday) I am loving my husband. He has been a little anxious about some things lately and I just wanted him to know that I love him, believe in him, and have full confidence in him. I am praying that God would give him the peace that passes all understanding (Phil. 4:7), and that he would be still and know that He is God. (Psalm 46:10)

4.) Lastly, I am loving this song by Audrey Assad. It was sang at my church last year around Christmas and it is such a beautiful song. It is truly crazy to think that Jesus, God's Son, came to earth in such a humble way. Like the song says, He could have came in such a powerful way, but yet He chose to come as a helpless babe. I am still fascinated by the Nativity story. What a sweet Savior we serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment