Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Marriage Tip Tuesday



     Do you ever get into a funk? Well, let me just say I've been in one for a couple of weeks now, hence the fact why I haven't done much blogging. I feel like here lately I've had such a lack of motivation, and I really don't know why. I am starting to feel like myself again, so I hope to get back into my regular mode of posting on an every other day basis, or so. Anyways, now that I've got that off my chest, I wanted to talk about open and honest communication in a marriage. On Sunday I kind of broke down and confessed some things to Jeff that had been weighing really heavy on my heart for quite some time. It was definitely hard to be so vulnerable and I really didn't know how he would respond. Well, his response was not at all what I expected... in fact, it was better than I expected. Jeff is so patient with me and I was truly touched at how loving and gentle he was with me. As I said before, it was extremely difficult to be so honest with him, but I feel like a thousand pounds has been lifted off my chest as a result. If you have something you need to discuss with your spouse, then I would encourage you to do so. However, do keep in mind there is a right and wrong way to go about this. I would not suggest yelling or making your spouse feel guilty for whatever it is you are feeling. When you sit down with your spouse and explain to them in a calm manner, "This is not easy for me to say, but this is how I've felt lately..," I think they will see that you are expressing genuine emotions and respect the fact that you came to them to talk about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment