Wednesday, March 14, 2012

What I'm Loving Wednesday



     Here are a few things I've been loving lately....

1.) My family. About a week and a half ago, me, Jeff, Aaron, Kathleen, and our friend Nate had the opportunity to go up to Indiana to help the tornado victims. We loaded down my brothers SUV with supplies, prayed that the Lord would lead us to the people He wanted us to help, and we were off. We could not get off the Henryville exit because they were not allowing a lot of people to go through. After about an hour or so, we finally got in by taking a back road. Once we arrived we met with one of the State Representatives who suggested that we go to Marysville, as they live in a much smaller community and didn't have as much help. The sight of this small town was unreal. I felt like I was standing in the middle of a movie scene; a very horrible movie scene. Literally nothing in this town was left standing except for the hardware store and the church. The people we met were incredible. Their positive attitudes were humbling to say the least. The first woman that we met with said something I will never forget. The cross on the steeple was bent, but it was still holding on. She looked at us and said, "With God we may be bent, but we'll never be broken." What faith this woman has. Her house was literally scattered all over the ground, but she clearly understood the words of Job, "The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised." Please continue to pray for all of the people who were affected by the tornadoes, and do anything you can to help. You may think you can't make a difference, but I promise you can.

2.) P90X. Okay, maybe I should say this is more of a love-hate kind of thing. I love it because of the results you get... I hate it because IT. IS. HARD. The workouts are so intense and definitely not for the faint of heart. I did the cardio and ab workout tonight, and I know I will paying the price tomorrow. Oh well, no pain no gain...right? Tomorrow I plan on doing the back, shoulder, and biceps workout, so we'll see how that goes.

3.) I'm loving these poems by Jimmy Needham. They are very short, but very powerful. Here are a couple that I think are really good...






No comments:

Post a Comment