Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Birthday Blessing for My Big Bro

    
      Wow! I don't even know where to begin. Words alone could never describe the love and respect I have for you. You are the best brother anyone could ever ask for and I am so blessed to be called your sister. You have always been there for me in the good times and bad and I am forever grateful for your love and support over the years. Most of my fondest childhood memories are of you, and boy did we go the phases. I can remember as a very young child putting on many Garth Brooks concerts with you, playing WWF, Gladiator's, basketball games in the basement (where the washer and dryer were my only teammates), watching many episodes of Full House and Alf, climbing trees at Granny's (and making our own basket to send things up and down, as well as, DIY tree seats), our Pearl Jam days, playing sports in the front yard....I could on for hours. We have made so many memories together, and were always there for one another. You have been a defender when I needed to be defended, and a comforter when I needed to be comforted. You also make me laugh like crazy with your fun and outgoing personality. For all you've done for me, and for all you've yet to do, all I can say is Thank You. You are such an amazing, Godly man and I grow prouder of you everyday. You let your light shine for all to see, and believe me, He shines through. I hope you have a wonderful Birthday and I wish you a year full of His love and peace. I can't wait to share a delicious dinner and some homemade ice cream with you tonight. I love you so much, Aaron. You're the best!

By the way, I love this poem as it reminds me of you:

He's always there to offer a shoulder
Watching and caring as we grow older
His friendship, it is like no other
He is the Best, he is my brother

1 comment: