Thursday, February 2, 2012

He will Rejoice

  

     My favorite verse in the Bible is Zephaniah 3:17, "The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." How amazing is it, that God sings over us? I don't know about you, but I find this to be absolutely incredible. Since I work at a childcare facility, I get to rock babies often as they sleep. Sometimes I myself may sing a quiet song, or say a silent prayer over them, and I definitely take great delight in the sweet little things. I have often thought about how similar this must look, when our Mighty God sings over His children. In my mind I picture Him pulling us close to His chest, and singing the most beautiful of melodies to us, as He quiets our anxious hearts. Today I encourage you to rest in His peace by leaning into Him, and feeling His unending heartbeat as He holds you close, and quiets you with His unfailing love.



No comments:

Post a Comment