Wednesday, February 1, 2012

What I'm Loving Wednesday


     So, my brother has been on me the last two Sunday's at church about not posting a What I'm Loving Wednesday segment. In order to satisfy him, let me begin with this...

1.) Today, I am loving my brother. You wanted it...you got it Aaron! No seriously, I really do love my brother so much and am so proud of him these days. He is, and has always been the best big bro., and I am so thankful for him.


2.) I am loving The Story. The Story is a book written by Max Lucado and Randy Frazee, and is a narrative of the Bible from Genesis to Revelation. Beginning this weekend, our church is starting a year long sermon series, using the The Story as our guide along the way. I am so excited about this, because although I have studied the Bible for many years, there are still plenty of things I don't understand. The whole purpose of  this series is to help us find our place in God's story. 

3.) Crafts, crafts, and more crafts. As I stated in my goals for 2012 (update coming soon) I want to take more time out for crafting. I have found that, for me, crafting is a huge stress reliever. Here are a few projects that I want to complete this year...

Are these not the most adorable things you have ever seen? They would also make great gifts!

 This is actually a cover for a Kindle, but I was thinking about making a much smaller version for our i Pod touch.

I love this cute pom, pom necklace, and am definitely going to try to recreate this.

Yarn wreaths are so easy and fun to make. I made one back in the fall, and love the colors used in this one for Spring. 

 Speaking of that fall yarn wreath, I just remembered that I never posted a picture of the one I made. I am very hesitant to show you this, simply because the lighting is terrible. One of these days I will break down and get one of those fancy DSLR cameras. The colors shown here aren't exactly the colors in real life. The coral looking flower is actually a deep orange color, and the magenta looking one is actually a deep red color, etc. 

     As you can see, I have many projects to keep me busy for a while. Good thing Kathleen and I are starting our craft nights soon :) Well, I think that's all for tonight. Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment