Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Birthday Blessings for My Mom



Dear Mom,
     I just wanted to take a minute to tell you Happy Birthday, and let you know how much you mean to me. From the time I was born you have instilled Christ and God's word in me, and for that I am forever grateful. Out of all the gifts you've given me, this is the best gift and one that has forever changed my life. I will never forget all the Sunday School lessons you taught, and through those stories I was captivated by Him, and the great love He has for us. You taught me what it meant to have a relationship with Jesus and because of this, I now have the hope and promise of eternal life. From the bottom of my heart...thank you. I also wanted to thank you for teaching me compassion. Because of your selfless attitude towards others, I know what it means to love and serve the least of these. In you, I see the kindness of Ruth, the courage of Esther, the hospitality of Lydia, and the heart of Christ. You are truly an amazing, godly woman and I feel blessed to be your daughter. Thank you for all that you sacrificed for us through the years. You always made birthday's and Christmases so special, and created memories that will last a lifetime. My hope and prayer is that I can one day be the kind of mother you are to my own children. I also wanted to apologize for the years I was a prodigal child. I know the choices I made and attitude I had broke your heart, and for that I am truly sorry. However, God was faithful to His promise that if you train up a child in the way he should go, he will not depart from it when he is older. Thank you for training me in the way I should go; His way. There is no better direction you could have pointed me to. And, even though I'm no longer a child, I still value your wisdom and look to your example of faithfulness. I love you, mom. Always have, always will. Happy Birthday!

Love,
Ashley

3 comments:

  1. I stumbled upon your blog a couple weeks ago. This letter to your mom was absolutely wonderful! Your mother has raised an outstanding young lady. :) Be Blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I love this! So many people complain about their family members all the time and it's refreshing to see someone who actually has a good relationship with their parents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! and happy birthdy to your mom!

    ReplyDelete