Monday, August 27, 2012

Birthday Blessings for My Dad




Dear Dad,
     I wanted to take a minute to tell you Happy Birthday and let you how blessed I feel to share this day with you and have you as a Dad. You have always been there for me and I appreciate all you do for me and all you have taught me. Since I was a little girl I have always looked up to you. I can remember going to Rainbow Bread with you so early in the morning, but loving every minute of it. I can also recall one of my fondest memories with you when you took me to get ice cream at Grater's and we ate the whole container with plastic spoons! You were always at all my track meets cheering me on, and at Aaron's basketball games cheering him on as well. You have taught me what it means to have a strong work ethtic and to be there for your family. As I grow older, I can more and more of you in myself. We are both kind of quiet and like to observe more than talk sometimes. We both love children, spicy foods, being in nature, and...naps! You are a very smart, strong, and compassionate man who I can see Jesus in. I wanted to thank you most of all for giving me away to the man I now call my husband. I know we were so young when Jeff asked you for my hand in marriage, but I believe that you knew he was the right man for me. After all, daughters marry men like their fathers, right? :) Other than raising me to know the Lord and providing for me, the gift you gave me when you gave me away to Jeff was the greatest gift you could have ever given me. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. On of these days when we get on the ball and have children...I know you are going to make an incredible grandpa. Happy Birthday, Dad! I love you so much! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment