Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies

    

     As if I wasn't ready for Christmas enough, making these tonight definitely added to the anticipation. As I was baking them I felt like I was at my aunt's house for our annual cookie day. Anyways, in preparation for an FCA event that my brother is helping to host tomorrow night, I made 6 dozen of these delicious little cookies. I got the recipe from the Hershey's Classic Recipe book, and was pleased with the results. Here's how to make em'...

Ingredients:

1 cup (2 sticks) of butter, softened

3/4 cup granulated sugar

3/4 cup packed light brown sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 eggs

2 1/4 cups all purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 cups (12 oz. package) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

1 cup chopped nuts (optional)


Directions:

Heat oven to 375. Beat butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment