Thursday, October 4, 2012

Crockpot Potato Soup

(Picture via Google images)
 
 
     I have this yummy soup simmering now and it it smelling lovely. This is my first attempt at potato soup, so we'll see how it goes. By the way, the crock pot chicken and dumplings that I made a couple weeks ago turned out to be delicious. If this soup turns out to be as good...we're in for one tasty dinner! I found this recipe through Pinterest (from there it directed me to this blog) and the ingredients were very budget friendly. The instructions were also super easy. It took me maybe 15 minutes to throw together, if even that. So, with that being said here is the recipe...
 
 
Ingredients:
 
1 30 oz. bag of Shredded Hash Browns
 
3 14 oz. cans Chicken Broth
 
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
 
1/2 Onion
 
1/4 tsp. Ground Pepper
 
1 8 oz. pkg Cream Cheese
 
Directions:
 
In a crockpot, combine everything except Cream Cheese. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Add the cream cheese about 1 hour from serving, and keep heated until melted. Serve with shredded cheese, bacon bits, (I'm kicking myself for not getting any bacon bits. Unhealthy, I know...but it would go so well :) green onions, etc. Pretty much whatever you think would be good! Enjoy!
 
(I just did a little taste test...incredible :)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment