Thursday, September 8, 2011

Chili for a Chilly Night

     Since the weather has drastically changed this week, and it feels a little like winter outside, I decided that I would make chili for supper tonight. Yum! Right now my house is filled with the sweet aroma and I can't wait for it to be done. As promised, here is the recipe: 

Ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds of ground beef
1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Tomato Soup
1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
1/2 cup water
2 cans (about 15 oz. each) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin

Directions: 

Cook the beef in a 12 in. skillet over medium-heat until well browned.
Stir in the beef, onion, garlic, soup, tomatoes, water, beans, chili powder and cumin in slow cooker.
Cover and  cook on low for 8-9 hours or on high for 4-5 hours. 

     I hope you enjoy this as much as Jeff and I do. After dinner, we are definitely settling in for a cozy movie night. I love lazy nights! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment