Monday, September 5, 2011

Miscellany Monday



     Hello Friends! I hope you all enjoyed this long, labor day weekend. I know I did, and I am very sad to see it go. Today I have decided to link up to Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters.

1.) Today was a very good day. We went to Family Palozza, which is a free event for families that my church hosts each labor day. It's basically like a carnival with games, inflatables, face painting, etc. Jeff, my brother Aaron, and I were in charge of the "trike track" for about two hours. The children were so sweet (although a few were a bit dangerous) and they seemed to really enjoy themselves. Jeff and I were so excited when we saw that cotton candy was only $.50, and funnel cakes were only $1.00. However, by the time we finished volunteering and had lunch, the lines were probably an hour long so we decided that we would skip out on it today.

2.) Is it just me, or is it a bit chilly out today? This morning I was freezing and would have been so thankful for some hot cocoa, or some kind of warm beverage. It was also very windy which did not help. It seems the weather around here is never predictable. Just last week we were having air quality alerts due to the heat, and this week we need jackets to go out. I am very sad to see summer go but I am also excited for fall. (I am going to make croc pot chili one night this week and will post the recipe for you.) I am already feeling a delicious pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks. Yum!

3.) They showed this video during the sermon at church yesterday and I wanted to share it with you as well. It is such a touching story, and let me just warn you to grab your kleenex, because it is a tear jerker. After watching the video, my pastor explained that when we give our lives over to Jesus, He gives us his heart and we get a spiritual heart transplant. I am so thankful that when we accept Christ, we become a new creation, and we no longer have to live in our pasts. Please watch this video and be inspired.





"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"-2 Cor. 5:17" <><

No comments:

Post a Comment