Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Highlights from our Trip

     Jeff and I had such a good time on our weekend getaway, and I am so thankful that I am married to a man who knows how important it is to invest quality time in a marriage. The hotel we stayed in was so nice; a good home away from home. (Or should I say a good room away from home?) Anyways, here a couple of pictures of where we stayed. 

     We spent our first day in Cool Springs, at the Galleria. It is a huge mall and we spent about three hours there. Trust me, for Jeff and I, three hours is a very long time to be at the mall. It was definitely the nicest mall I've ever been to, and to put it in perspective, it was St. Matthew's Mall meets Oxmoor Mall, plus a little more. Crazy. I did however snag some really good deals at Teavana. They had some of their teas on sale for 75% off, which was really exciting. We choose a Go Go Goji white tea, which is infused with goji berries, lychee fruit,  rose blossoms, and vitamins. Our second choice was an Assam Breeze black tea, which is infused with pineapple, ginger, lemongrass, and coconut. (I already feel healthier just by typing that:) This one is my favorite of the two. I actually chose this tea over coffee this morning. Shocking isn't it?! After shopping at the mall, we went to have lunch at Panera Bread, and then went to Starbucks. Cool Springs is an hour behind us, so we had already done all of this by like 2:00 pm. We knew we wanted to have dinner at PF Chang's, so we had a lot of spare time. We made a trip to Hobby Lobby where I got some items for an upcoming project. 

     After stopping at a couple of other stores and having dinner, we went back to the hotel and spent some time in the hot tub and then went back to our room to relax. By this point it was only 8:00 and we were both exhausted. Somehow we ended up making it until 11:00, (which was really 12:00 am here) so we watched the ball drop on Fox News, kissed, and then it was lights out...or at least I thought it was. The person that was above us used the bathroom more than anyone I've ever known, and when they walked across the floor, it sounded like they were marching around the room. I couldn't sleep so I decided to do some channel surfing. I came across a Coldplay concert, and ended up being awake until around 1:00 am.

     The next morning we decided to go to Nashville, but considering a big New Year's Eve Party was thrown there the night before, the city was empty. We walked around for a while, but then decided to leave since most of the shops were closed. We decided that the next time we go to Nashville, we will wait until later on in the day when more of the shops are open and more musicians are playing. I did manage to get a couple pictures though.


     Next we decided to go to the Opryland Hotel. After getting lost, and driving around for an hour looking for somewhere to eat, we finally made it. I was completely amazed from the time I walked in the door, and these pictures don't even come close to giving it justice. 

 There is literally a rain forest that runs through the different wings of the hotel. Keep in mind this is all indoors.

This is a picture of some of the rooms that overlook the "rain forest."

This is one of the hallways that leads to a ballroom.

     So, as you can see we covered a lot of ground during our two day stay. It was a really fun place and is definitely somewhere we will soon again visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment