Monday, January 23, 2012

Miscellany Monday


1.) I am so excited that I finally finished my first canvas project. It seriously took me like a total of  8 hours all together. When you see it you are probably going to think, "How could that have possibly taken 8 hours?" Well, I'll tell you why. It's a lot harder than it looks to get all the letters lined up with one another and get the spacing right. I stenciled the letters on, but kept messing up, so then I would have to paint over the entire canvas and start over. Then I would paint the letters, but would have to let them dry before I added another coat. I think I added four coats to each letter before it was all said and done.  Luckily,  I used spray paint for the gray background, and a big thanks goes out to Jeff as he was so patient and kind every time I would ask him to re-spray it for me. I would have done it, but I knew I wouldn't be able to spray it on evenly. I got the inspiration for this from a David Crowder song, and thought it would be neat to put it on a canvas. Here it is...


 2.) My sister-in-law and I had a fun day out on Saturday. We began the day by going to Starbucks (of course:), then went to the mall, hobby lobby, and to a bridal store to look at bridesmaids dresses. Although she and my brother are not married yet, I still consider her my sister-in-law already. I could not have picked a better girl for my brother and I am looking forward to growing even closer to her in the coming years. While at hobby lobby we picked out some super cute fabric that I am going to use to personalize my TOMS, and make flowers with.

We also decided that we are going to have a craft night on a regular basis. Our first one is set to be on Feb. 6, and I can't wait. I think my project for that night will be my version of this...

 Jeff and I have a chair like this already, so I will basically just have to get a can of spray paint and some fabric. Note: this will only work if you can take your chair apart. The design I'm thinking of is...never mind, you will have to wait and see ;)

3.) Lastly, here is the David Crowder song that I mentioned earlier. Have a great night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment