Thursday, October 27, 2011

Bittersweet Reality

     Well, I'm back from vacation and can't believe how fast time flies. We had such a wonderful time and could have probably stayed a couple more days. However, I was really starting to miss my sweet doggie Starbuck, sleeping in my own bed, and showering in my own shower. So it's bittersweet; good to be back, sad to be back. (Mostly sad to return to work and all the demands that life throws our way.) Anyways, I thought I would share some pictures of our purchases with you. We mostly bought new additions for our Christmas decor, which by the way, starting next weekend my blog will be all decked out with all things Christmas. Call me crazy, I don't mind. To me a month is not long enough to celebrate the birth of our Savior, look at all the sparkling lights, smell all the wonderful smells of baking, and listen to the jolly sounds of Christmas music. At the Lemr household we become like little children during this season. We also got a jump start on our Christmas shopping by purchasing a few gifts. (I will not be sharing pics of these items due to the fact that my family members read my posts and I wouldn't want to spoil anything.)

     A cute snowman tower. I think I'm going to 
     put this beside our Christmas tree.

Snow Owls! These are actually cuter in person and I have
    an idea for them. (I'll share next weekend!)

    A cute Christmas village that lights up and 
   plays music. The Santa also spins around.

 Here are the jeans that I got for only $23!

     We also made many Starbucks runs and did lots of eating out which is a very special treat for Jeff and I. We left on a set budget and actually spent less than what we anticipated. May I also say how much it enriched our marriage. We had lots of good talks in the hot tub and over coffee, and just enjoyed being with each other. If there is any way that you and your spouse can get away for a little while, I highly recommend it. Here are a few more pictures taken from the trip:

  I already miss all of the beautiful scenery.

 I am going to try to make one of these.
 It's mostly made of Styrofoam and felt.

      This was our last day in Gatlinburg:(

     Well, that's all I've got for now. Have a great night!








No comments:

Post a Comment