Monday, December 5, 2011

Miscellany Monday

     Hey Blog Friends! Thought I would take a moment to share some miscellany that has been going on in my life lately. First, I will share our annual cookie day. My mom, three aunts, and cousins all get together around Christmas time to bake cookies. The recipe is from my great, great grandma who was from Germany, and who so graciously shared her recipe of German Lep Cookies (I just had to Google that to make sure I was spelling lep correctly because it sounds like lip:) After seeing the recipes online, I quickly decided that it is not the same recipe that we use, therefore, it is a secret. Muhahaha! Anyways....here are some pics that I took from this years cookie day. 

 This is the "cooling table."

Here is what they look when they are decorated. I did all of the mittens. There were a good dozen or so of them, so they kept me busy for a while. My mom did the adorable snowmen. She is so talented!

More Mittens:)

My Aunt Beverly did these "Rudolph Reindeer."

My Aunt Tammy did these snowmen. So cute!

Our first full table of cookies. By the end of the day, we had three full tables covered.

My little cousin Izzy had a blast decorating the cookies, but mostly enjoyed eating them. (As did I ;)

      I also wanted to share some pictures of my Christmas decorations with you. So here they are...

 This is my nativity scene that was passed down to me from my Mom.

This our "Dancing" Christmas tree that plays music as the lights go in rhythm with the song that is playing. With the title of "Incredible Light Show," who can resist?! Hahaha!

This is my Christmas table scape. Thanks to my mom, as each piece was given to me by her.

Here is a closer look at the dishes. Love em!

 This is our little Charlie Brown Christmas tree that we put in our sun room each year. It was the first tree that Jeff and I bought together and has some of our favorite ornaments on it.

This is our tree in the living room. I have had this tree since the 7th grade, and have had many ornaments that are on it since I was born. 

This is one of my most prized possessions. It was my Granny's and whenever she wanted to start decorating I would race down to the basement, and this is the first thing I would grab. Some of my fondest Christmas memories were made with her.

     Well friends, I think that's all I have for tonight. I still have to make dinner and my soul is longing for some quiet time with the Lord. I love to cuddle up with a cup of coffee, get my Bible, journal, and I Pod, and simply rest in His presence. So, that is what I'm off to do. Hope you all have a lovely evening.






No comments:

Post a Comment