Friday, December 30, 2011

Goals for 2012

     

     As the last days of 2011 are upon us, I decided to take a few minutes to identify my goals for 2012. I have tried to make resolutions before, but usually, about a month or so into it, I completely get off track. However, this is the first year I have really sat down and prioritized things, and I have never written them out before. (Hoping that having this visual, along with you all as accountability partners will help to motivate me!) I am such a procrastinator and tend to very sporadic at times, so we will see how this goes. I have prayed, and will continue to pray daily, that God would give me the strength and motivation to stick with it. (I just had to laugh as I know full well that God can give me all the strength in the world, but if I choose not to use it, that's my issue:) Anyways, here are my goals for 2012...

1.) Memorize Scripture. My goal is to memorize one verse a week. 

2.) Arise early in the morning for quiet time with God. I was in the habit of doing this daily last winter when I was completing the God Seeker Bible study with a small group of girls. However, I have unfortunately not stayed consistent with it. I am just not a morning person... AT ALL. I can say that starting my day out with the Lord is so relaxing and comforting, and from it I gain much needed strength to face the day. As Beth Moore says, "Having a good day means hearing from God through His Word." So true.

3.) Make a candlelight dinner for Jeff at least once a month. In order to do this, I must....

4.) Enhance my cooking skills. I wouldn't say I am a bad cook, I just need more practice.

5.) Stop procrastinating!!! For me this will mean getting assignments done ahead of time, staying on top of housework, preparing dinner as soon as I get home, etc.

6.) Get and stay organized. I have never been one of those crazy, label maker kind of organized women, but I hope to do better with it this year. Our spare bedrooms are an unorganized mess right now, so I am going to tackle them first. I have this really neat vision in my head to make one of them a prayer room, so that is what I will keep at the forefront for motivation.

7.) Eat healthier and exercise more. I really have no excuses for not doing either one of these things considering we have a total gym, P90X, and other exercise equipment. Again, I am very sporadic, especially in this area and seem to only stick with it for a short period of time.

8.) Make weekly menu's. I want to try to do some freezer cooking, so making a menu will be imperative. For more on freezer cooking, click on the Money Saving Mom button to your right. She prepares a lot of their meals in advance, freezes them, and cooks them throughout the week for dinner. This seems to be a very efficient method, especially for working women and busy moms.

9.) Drink more water and less coke. 

10.) Continue to work on crafting projects and blog on a regular basis. I know I have said it before, and I will say it again, thank you all so much for taking time out to read my posts. It means so much to me. Thank you for allowing me to literally put my heart down on paper and share it with you. I hope so far you have been inspired, encouraged, and challenged in your relationship with Christ. Because after all, in the end, that is the only thing that is really going to matter.

Well, there it is. There are so many other things I could add to this list, but honestly, I would just get overwhelmed. I will keep you all posted on my progress. Any prayers and words of encouragement are welcomed with open arms. Much love to you all, and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment