Friday, December 23, 2011

Our Salvation has a Name

     Can you all believe it...only 2 days until Christmas. My heart saddens as I type that, and I can't believe it's gone by so fast. As I have been cleaning my house today, I have been listening to 88.5 as they are doing their 88.5 hours of non-stop Christmas music. This song has been played quite a few times and I've been loving it. I never really thought about the fact that our salvation does truly have a name, and it is the name above all names. Jesus. The sweetest name I know. Isaiah prophesied the coming of our Savior when he said, "For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." -Isaiah 9:6 Aren't you so thankful that Jesus came to be with us in the flesh, to dwell among us, and change our world forever? I know I am. As we are getting closer to celebrating the birth of our Savior I would encourage you to think about how God loves us so much, that He was willing to send us His Son, Emmanuel, which means God with us. Merry Christmas Eve Eve!!

No comments:

Post a Comment