Monday, December 19, 2011

Miscellany Monday

     This week is going to be jammed pack with Christmas activities. On Wednesday night we will going to my Aunt Tammy's house to have dinner and exchange gifts. Two years ago my brother thought it would be really funny to show up in tacky Christmas sweaters. Of course Jeff and I, both having the sanguine personalities that we do, agreed that we'd show up wearing something ridiculous. So, Jeff showed up dressed like Cousin Eddie and I was his wife. He wore these outrageous baby blue pants with a skin tight cream turtleneck, and I wore a ragged plaid skirt (which may be used for this year as well) with this old Christmas sweater of my moms. I also added these huge, tacky earrings that were my mother-in-laws back in the day, and a handmade ribbon. (You know the kind that you wrap around gifts and can take scissors and make it curly?) It was absolutely hysterical. I so wish I had some pictures to show you.
      Anyways, every since that year, we have wanted everyone to dress in goofy outfits, and this year we have chose a red-neck theme. I am really not sure what I am going to wear yet. As I said before, I think I am going to incorporate the plaid skirt into the outfit and I'm not sure about the top. However, I do have a pair of coveralls that I will be wearing over my outfit for our entrance. No worries, I will definitely have pictures to show you all. I also googled handmade red-neck gifts, and came across the idea of putting dry beans into a zip-lock bag and labeling it, "Red-Neck Bubble Bath." I would like to do something more, but time is not going to allow me to do so.
     This will be the kick off of the Christmas festivities and will be followed by attending Christmas Eve service at church, hosting Jeff's family for dinner and gifts, going to my parents house for breakfast and gifts on Christmas day, and then going to my Aunt Rosie's house that afternoon. Needless to say, we will be going non-stop for a few days. With that being said, I am warning you in advance that I may not be very consistent with my blog posts. I am going to try to post a marriage tip tomorrow, and may be able to post on Thursday, but after that, I may be MIA for the rest of the week. Thank you all for being patient with me. I think that is all I have for tonight, but will leave you all with this...



    
"Have a Real Grand Christmas!"

No comments:

Post a Comment