Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Miscellany Monday

     Wow! I cannot believe that Christmas is over and a new year is upon us. Is it just me, or do the years go by faster each year? Anyways, I thought I would do a quick catch up of what's been going on the last couple of days...

1.) My Christmas Eve dinner with Jeff's family went great. We had good quality family time, good food, and lots of nice gifts. I do have to thank Jeff for helping me prepare, as he cooked the ham while I got everything else ready. It's nice to have such a supportive husband.

2.) Jeff surprised me with a getaway to Cool Springs, Franklin Tennessee. I had never heard of it before, but after looking at pictures of the hotel we're staying in and the huge mall that is there, I am so excited to go. He also informed me that there is a Starbucks right beside the hotel, which is music to my ears considering I've been loving me some peppermint mocha's ;)  I am mostly looking forward to getting some yummy tea from Teavana, and a couple of candles from Bath and Body Works. We are also going to tour the Opryland Hotel one day, as Jeff has said it is absolutely incredible inside. I will be sure to take plenty of pictures!

3.) Christmas day was a blast. We began the day by going to my parents house, where my mom made a delicious breakfast casserole and we exchanged gifts. We also had a very special guest from Malaysia with us this year. My brother went on a mission trip to China back in May where he met a lot of new friends. Well, one of those friends just so happened to be in Ohio for an internship, so my brother went up and got him, and he will be staying with him until Sunday. His name is Boon and he is here to train professional athletes. He is very friendly, funny, and fit right in with the family.




4.) I have been so lazy today. Seriously, this is the first productive thing I've done all day. I know that sounds so bad, but I have literally been going pretty much non-stop since Thursday, so my body needed some down time. And let's face it, everyone loves a lazy day every now and then. However, tomorrow I plan on getting up early for some much needed quiet time. After that I have errands to run, cleaning up to do, and then we are going to my parents house for dinner and hanging out with Boon.

5.) I received $30 in itunes, which I am so, so excited about. The David Crowder Band's last CD comes out on Jan. 10, and I cannot wait to get it. I am a huge Crowder fan and am so sad that their journey as a band is ending. I understand their reasons, but their music has had such an impact on my life that it is just sad to see them go. Here is their newest song with the lyrics below. Hope you enjoy it. Have a great night!


This place is trying to break my belief
But my faith is bigger than all I can see
What I need is redemption
What I need is for You to put me back on my feet

I swear I'm trying to give everything
But I feel I'm falling, oh make me believe
What I need is resurrection
What I need is for You to put me back on my feet
If I could feel You shine Your perpetual light
Then maybe I could crawl out of this tonight
If I could feel You shine
Oh let me feel You shine
So beautiful and warm
So beautiful and bright
Like a sun comin' out of a rainy sky
Oh let me feel You shine Oh,
Let me feel You shine

I lift the knife to the thing I love most
Praying You'll come so I can have both
What I need is for You to touch me
What I need is for You to be the thing that I need

If I could feel You shine your perpetual light
Then maybe I could crawl out of this tonight
If I could feel You shine
Oh let me feel You shine
So beautiful and warm
So beautiful and bright
Like a sun comin' out of a rainy sky
Oh let me feel You shine
God I need a Savior
O come Generous King
O God I need a Savior
To come rescue me

Oh let me feel You shine Your magnificent light
Then maybe I could crawl out of this tonight
If You let me feel You shine
Oh let me feel You shine
So beautiful and warm
So beautiful and bright
Like a sun comin' out of a rainy sky
Oh let me feel You shine

Let me feel You shine
Let me feel You shine

No comments:

Post a Comment